Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Wyatts

In July of this past year, I, along with several other ladies, threw a shower for our dear friend Kristine Greene, who is also featured in this blog. Rachel Wyatt offered to host the shower in her lovely home. I designated myself the official photographer, wanting to give Kristine a photo book, documenting her shower, as a gift. The shower was a success, and in the process, I made a few new friends. 

At the end of October, Rachel contacted me to ask if I'd take photos for their Christmas card. She said she liked the photos I had taken of Kristine's baby shower, and was wondering if I had ever taken pictures professionally. I told her that, while it was just a hobby for me at the time, I had been considering a career as a photographer, for quite some time. Despite my lack of professional experience, she said that she'd love for me to take their Christmas card photo.

With mixed emotions of apprehension and excitement, I agreed to do their photo shoot, and so began my new adventure as a photographer.  

On a overcast afternoon, I met Rachel, her husband Jonathan and their two dogs, Molly and Piper at Roswell Mill. A former cotton mill, Roswell Mill has loads of history and charm. With so many beautiful spots along Vickery Creek, it was easy to see why Mr. Roswell King, the man that founded Roswell, GA, was drawn to the area.

Rachel and Jonathan are such an easy going, loving couple and you can really see that shine through in their photographs. We spent around an hour walking the trail, stopping in several beautiful spots to take pictures. In between our stops, I enjoyed getting to know them and their pups a little bit better. We got several great photos of them and had fun exploring a little bit of Georgia's lovely natural surroundings in the process. What a wonderful afternoon and memorable first photo shoot!





I love how their Holiday card turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment